Network Rail has written to me to advise of vital work about to commence at Garrowhill Station. Both platforms will be replaced over two phases of work.
Phase 1 - 30th January 2021 to 12th March 2021
- This will involve the closure and replacement of platform 2.
- Platform 1 will remain operational during this time with full services continuing in the direction of Shettleston.
- Services that would normally travel through platform 2, in the direction of Easterhouse, will not stop at Garrowhill during the first phase of works.
- Those travelling on affected services will change lines at Easterhouse before travelling back into platform 1 at Garrowhill.
- No passenger access will be permitted through platform 2 while construction work is ongoing.
- Passengers can continue to access platform 1 using existing entry points on Glenduffhill Road and Barrachnie Crescent.
Details of phase 2 will be given by Network Rail in due course, but work is expected to be ongoing until 1st May 2021.
You can keep informed about Network Rail’s programme and any changes by visiting its dedicated website hub at scotlandsrailway.com